Skip to main content

Photo Submission

Submitted By

Peggy Mabb

Webster, NY, United States

Description

Bluebirds are relatively rare in our backyard…too many trees and house sparrows I think. But on this very cold day, I saw this beautiful guy sitting on feeder pole. He moved around from pole, to nearby trees and back to pole for around 1/2 hour. I wished I had some mealworms to put out but I didn’t! A lot of other birds were flurrying around the feeder where I have suet, seed cake, black oil sunflower seed and peanuts, so I think he was looking to see what all the other birds were eating and if there was anything for him! I thought he might go to the suet but he didn’t. I crumbled some up and put on a tray on the deck, but he didn’t go for that either.
I took the photo from over 30 feet away, though back window, so not as sharp a photo as it would if I had been outside.

Bluebird On Feeder Pole

Bluebird checking out my backyard on cold day!

One reply on “Bluebird on Feeder Pole”

Bob Vuxinic says:

Before I began to provide specifically for them, my wintering-over Bluebirds would go to the suet cakes. Now, besides mealworms, they will go for the shelled sunflower hearts, and to tell the truth, when the weather is bad and they need nutrition, I think they’ll eat anything that is easily available. Keep you eyes peeled, and you might find that your feeders will get more visits by the Bluebirds.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Explore

Nearby Submissions
Recently Liked