Data Entry FAQs
Please read the FAQ’s on this page before requesting help. If you don’t find an answer here, follow the “Request Technical Support” link found at the bottom of this page. Please note that we have limited staff available to provide technical assistance. Therefore, during peak times, we may need a week or more to respond to your message.
Managing Your Online Account and Other General Data Entry Questions
- How do I get an ID number?
- Why is my ID number attached to a different online account?
- How did my number get attached to a different online account?
- Do I have to log out between sessions?
- My e-mail address changed. How do I update my online account?
- How do I edit my name, address, and user name in my online account?
- An error occurred when I was entering data and now I can’t get back to the page. How do I enter the rest of my count?
- Why can’t I enter a separate tally for each of my two count days?
- What do I do if I forget to record the weather conditions for a particular date?
- Can I enter data from a past season?
- Why can’t I enter “0” counts?
- When I enter my count, why do I get a message saying that the count is too high?
- Why won’t the “Add a Species” button work?
- I tried to “Add a Species” but I don’t see the species on my checklist.
- What is “taxonomic” order?
- How were the species on my regional bird checklist selected?
Editing or Correcting Data
- How can I edit my counts?
- I started a count but didn’t finish. How do I finish entering data for that count?
- I selected the wrong site or date by mistake. How can I fix it?
- Where are my historical data?
Creating or Editing Count Sites
- Why does it say that my site description is incomplete?
- How can I delete a count site?
- I have multiple sites for the same location. How can I merge them?
- How can I rename my count site?
- How can I correct the location of my site that is mapped on the Manage/Edit Counts Sites page?
- I moved. How do I change sites?
- How should I record mobbing behavior, like when a group of crows tries to displace a hawk or a Blue Jay scares a group of smaller birds off a platform feeder?
- Does it count as displacement if birds fly off in fright when a hawk or bird of prey approaches the feeder?
- What do I do if I saw a hawk or other raptor try to depredate a bird in my count site, but I am unsure of the target species?
If you don’t find the answer to your question here or if you need further assistance, please Request Technical Support (requires login).