Bob Vuxinic

Crossville, TN, United States

Category

Finches

American Goldfinch Female

Female Goldfinch in a pine tree

4 replies on “American Goldfinch female”

Steve Yoos says:

I find it strange that I have a lone female goldfinch at my feeder . She is the first and only goldfinch I have seen so far this fall . Normally I’m accustomed to seeing finches in large groups during their winter migration. I live in the southeast. Ironically last year for the first time ever they never showed on my Finch feeders …. normally I have dozens perching on them

David Tyndall says:

An amazing angelic bird that makes life here more tolerable. A symbol of joy to Native Americans. An omen of light and good fortune to many cultures. Plant some Russian black sunflowers and they will come. Their high energy feeding is a joy to watch. Set up a chair amongst the drying mature flowers and sip some brew whilst they fly amongst the branch’s and pods all around you. Great way to social distance. ………………………Get to know thyself and you will know the God’s

Cheri Stokes says:

I recently bought a feeding station and set up just outside the window from my chair and have started seeing a single female Goldfinch. Makes me wonder where the others are – especially the brighter males.

Stephanie says:

Hi Cheryl!
I too have a lone female. Since I am living alone most of the time as of late, I find my question “where are all the other finches?” funny and wonder if my neighbor ms are asking the same about me!
Did you notice how she “commands” the feeder, so that even the nuthatch won’t dare enter while she’s busy eating!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Explore

Nearby Submissions
Recently Liked