Skip to main content

Photo Submission

Submitted By

Tina Garris

Hillside (Westcliffe), Colorado

Description

All birds pictured were photographed by me on my property, generally close to the house or in my backyard. I am an amateur photographer and love to watch and photograph the birds. The only bird that is not a regular is the yellow headed blackbird…he was a surprise and not too close, photographed through a window. The Lewis woodpecker actually brought an entire family last spring, male, female and 2 young ones for a short period of time in my backyard. I also captured a western tanager but phot not great and numerous other birds.

Category

Other

Tina’s Bakyard Birds

Lewis Woodpecker Hillside CO Tina Garris

3 replies on “Tina’s Bakyard Birds”

Janice Davis says:

Thank you Tina– for sharing pictures of your backyard birds. I live on the Atlantic Ocean and never see those different birds. That is why I like belonging to this group–seeing birds I would never see otherwise.

Tina Garris says:

Hi am so glad others are enjoying my “bird” photos, I am an amatuer. No birds on my deck today or yesterday, have been getting a flock of turkeys but more than the turkeys, this morning I woke up and looked out the door that leads to my deck and there was a BOBCAT staring at me. I did get a pix as he was leaving…..was he after the turkeys or the rabbits that are living under my deck????

Elaine and John Sartoris says:

We in Beulah have Lewis Woodpeckers. They are mostly here in the summer and so I leave the peanuts out all year. But, they come once in a while to the feeders in the winter.
They nest in a dead tree across the street from us.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Explore

Recently Liked